Santa Fe Self-Storage facility tips
If you are planning on using a Santa Fe Self-Storage facility, here are some tips. Of all the item storage means, Self storage is the cheapest, safest and most convenient way for you to store your items. We often think that packing is easy until we start parking for storage then we realize how demanding it is. To spend less when packing for self storage it is crucial to plan properly. First determine how much stuff you have and how often you will need to use the items before looking for the storage facilities. If you will need to visit the space more often for the items, ensure that you get a bigger space for you items. This will make it easier for you when sorting out or looking for what you need. A Santa Fe self-storage facility can be a convenient way to store your items.
Packing for a Santa Fe Self-Storage Facility
• When packing you have to keep in mind that there are some items you will need later, so pack in such a way that finding it will be fast and with less or no mess at all. So when packing create an inventory of where each item is, as you continue packing.
• Insure you properties against damage, since most self-storage facilities. To get the right policy for you, make a replacement value estimate of all your items in the self-storage facility.
• Purchase same-sized good quality boxes and other packing materials, keeping in mind that it will be easier to stack the boxes together if they are of the same size.
• When packing always fill the boxes completely while ensuring that they don’t get too heavy for you to lift. The spaces in between the items within the box must be filled using paper or towel to minimize breakage. Ensure that you box everything you can as anything left unpacked will be dusty.
• For easy inventory, label all your boxes as you fill them up. The label should be in all the sides if possible for easy identification. For any breakable item, label the box fragile so as to be handled with care.
• Pack all the electrical items in their right box or a box of similar size, wipe all the glass items and wrap them with old newspaper before storing them.
• For maximum protection, all the metal items should be oiled for protection against rust, spray all your wooden furniture using the good-quality-spray and treat your leather items with leather conditioning before storage.
• Use a tape to seal all the boxes you have used and cover the un-boxed items with a linen cloth to protect your items from dust.
Santa Fe Self-Storage facility unit organization
Before using the storage unit, ensure that it is clean and with a secure padlock and the door are strong enough.
• Arrange the boxes with the heaviest on the bottom and the lightest up, while leaving a space in between them for you to pass through.
• Humidity posses a threat to the items, so to prevent mildew from destroying your items like the furniture, leave a space in between your items and the wall of the storage unit for air circulation. Place the stacked boxes a wooden bottom will protect the box from condensation damage. Do not use plastic material to protect against dust but instead use linen material.
• Finally do not store any flammable substance like paint thinner, oil or gasoline in the storage unit.
A Santa Fe self-storage facility can be a great interim or permanent solution for your storage needs.